YC Hertfordshire Borehamwood Access Point at 96 Shenley Road
- View on map...
Situated on the first floor of 96 Shenley Road, the YC Hertfordshire Borehamwood Access Point is open to young people aged 13-19 (up to 24 with a disability or learning difficulty) who live in and around the Hertsmere district. In YC Hertfordshire Access Points there are personal advisers and youth workers who provide information, advice, guidance and support on education, work and training. We also offer advice on drugs, finance, health, including sexual health, housing and much more.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 2-5pm (no appointment needed)
- Fridays: 2-5pm (appointments only – please call to book)
YC Hertfordshire provides a free and confidential service for young people.
At the YC Hertfordshire Borehamwood Access Point you can access information, advice and support – including on the following:
- Sexual health including:
- free condoms through the Condom Wallet Scheme
- free chlamydia testing
- free pregnancy testing
- Advice on general health and relationships
- Education and exams including exam pressure
- Drugs, substance misuse and alcohol
- Jobs and careers
- Youth work projects and programmes
- Benefits and finance
- Housing and homelessness
- Improving resilience, self-esteem and confidence
- Relationships including Family and Friendships
- Training and apprenticeships
- Independent living skills
We also have PCs that you can use for research, developing CVs, searching for jobs and training and accessing other information.
96 Shenley Road is fully wheelchair accessible.
See details of the other YC Hertfordshire Access Points across the county here.
Venue: 96 Shenley Road, Shenley Road, Borehamwood WD6 1EB
Age Range: 13-19, up to 21 if you are a care leaver, up to 24 if you have a disability or learning disability
Timing and Repeats:
Please see above for opening times of the YC Hertfordshire Borehamwood Access Point.
Booking Info: Possible, but not necessary